Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 4 slices Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 4 Kaiser or other sandwich rolls, split
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, cooked
- Pickled jalapeño chile slices (optional)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
- 2. Grill patties, covered, over high heat (450° to 600°) for 5 minutes. Turn patties over; grill 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked to desired degree of doneness. Place 1 cheese slice on each patty; grill 1 more minute or until cheese melts.
- 3. Place rolls, cut-sides down, on grill rack; cover and grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each roll; top with tomato, avocado, bacon, jalapeños, if desired, and top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches