Southwestern Broccoli Quiche
If you prefer, substitute an 11-ounce can of refrigerated breadstick dough for the corn bread twists.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 820mg
- Calcium: 224mg
- 1 (11.5-ounce) can refrigerated corn bread twist dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unroll dough; unfold layers (do not separate into strips). Place layers lengthwise, end to end, into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pinch ends in the middle to seal; press dough up sides of dish. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 3 minutes or until soft. Add corn and the next 5 ingredients (corn through broccoli); sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft and liquid evaporates. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- Combine milk, egg whites, egg, and salt; stir well with a whisk. Sprinkle cheese over dough. Spoon broccoli mixture evenly into pan. Pour milk mixture over broccoli mixture. Place dish on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes; cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch