- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens, from about 8 scallions
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 3 small limes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen, thawed)
- calories 594
- fat 31 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 17 g
- carbohydrate 70 g
- fiber 16 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 621 mg
- calcium 107 mg
How to Make It
In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until water has absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Stir in scallion greens and 1/4 tsp. salt.
In a small skillet, toast pumpkin seeds with a pinch each of chili powder and salt over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until seeds begin popping and become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Combine mango, 4 Tbsp. lime juice, 2 Tbsp. oil, cilantro and a generous pinch of salt. Toss black beans with cumin and remaining 1 tsp. oil. Stir together avocado and remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice.
Divide salad ingredients evenly between 2 1-quart-capacity containers, arranging mango salsa, quinoa, black beans, red pepper, avocado, corn and pumpkin seeds in both. Cover containers. Salads will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2 days. Let containers sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving. Shake container before eating to distribute ingredients.