My family loves this. It's so simple. I usually add either green onions or red onion. I also dilute my bbq sauce w/ a little water and add sauce to the pizza crust first.
Southwestern BBQ Chicken Pizza
Using prepared chicken and commercial pizza crust gets this recipe on the table in only 15 minutes.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 (9-ounce) packages already-cooked Southwest-flavored chicken breast strips, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet or pizza stone; spread 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over crust.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and chicken in a bowl, coating well. Spoon chicken mixture over crust; top with cheese and cilantro.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Boboli pizza crust and Tyson Southwest Seasoned Chicken Breast Strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note