This simple dip is a nice alternative to hummus. I just winged the amount of the listed ingredients and it came out pretty well. A squirt of lemon juice brightened the flavors nicely.
Southwest White Bean Spread
This recipe stands out when paired with sun-dried tomato pita chips.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Pita chips, sliced cucumbers, and olives
- 1. Pulse garlic, next 5 ingredients, and 2 Tbsp. water in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until combined; process 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired. Serve with pita chips, sliced cucumbers, and olives.
- Smoky Southwestern Spread: Prepare recipe as directed, adding 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to mixture in food processor before pulsing. Chill as directed.
- Green Chile Spread: Prepare recipe as directed, omitting water and adding 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles to mixture in food processor before pulsing. Chill as directed.
- Pickled Jalapeño Spread: Prepare recipe as directed, adding 1 Tbsp. chopped pickled jalapeño pepper slices to mixture in food processor before pulsing. Chill as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note