Southwest Watermelon Salad
The reserved watermelon flesh from the Pickled Watermelon Rind is perfect for this recipe.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 4 cups seeded and cubed red watermelon
- 4 cups seeded and cubed yellow watermelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Pickled Watermelon Rind
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon seeded and thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese*
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Stir in Pickled Watermelon Rind and next 6 ingredients. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 hours.
- *Feta cheese may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads