We all really loved these! A bit spicier than I thought it would be with the Poblano chile's but it was delicious. A real keeper!
Southwest Turkey Burgers
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 108mg
- 2 poblano chiles (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 ounce French bread baguette
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Cut poblanos in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place poblanos, skin sides down, on grill rack; grill 10 minutes or until blackened. Place poblanos in a small zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and dice.
- 3. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, cumin, and next 4 ingredients (through turkey); gently mix just until combined. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and mayonnaise. Top bottom half of each bun with 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf, 1 patty, about 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture, and 1 bun top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This