- 10 to 12 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 to 20 (8-inch) soft taco-size corn or flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Lime wedges
How to Make It
Soak skewers in water 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
Toss shrimp with hot sauce and next 4 ingredients. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Grill tortillas 1 minute on each side or until warmed.
Combine cabbage and carrots. Remove shrimp from skewers just before serving. Serve shrimp in warm tortillas with cabbage mixture and lime wedges.