Tasty, very easy, little clean-up. I used 12 oz. hot turkey sausage.
Southwest Sausage and Rice
"This easy rice dish is a simplified takeoff of a Cooking Light risotto made with yellow bell peppers and sausage. The saffron rice mix gives the yellow color of the roasted bell peppers." --CL Reader
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 795mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 (5-ounce) package saffron rice mix (such as Mahatma)
- 2 (4-ounce) links turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add corn and garlic to pan, and cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, sausage, cheese, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note