Couldn't find ground chipotle chile pepper. Subtituted about 1/4 tsp smoky paprika and really liked that flavor. Really enjoyed these burgers.
Southwest Salsa Burgers
Chipotle chiles and fresh salsa give these burgers a Southwestern kick that will heat up the dinner table in just 20 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 696mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup refrigerated fresh salsa, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 (0.67-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients and 2 tablespoons salsa. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 2. Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Top each patty with 1 cheese slice; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- 3. Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun; top with 2 tomato slices, 1 patty, 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, and 1 bun top.
This updated version of Southwest Salsa Burgers is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, August 2010. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note