We really like this dressing and I've been using it on other salads too. I use 1 tablespoon anchovy paste instead of fillets & cut the lemon by half. Dressing is fairly thick. Salmon rub has great flavor. The dish comes together easily, tastes great, and feels healthy.
Southwest Salmon Caesar
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 752mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1. To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a mini chopper or blender; pulse until well blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. To prepare salad, combine salt, paprikas, and red pepper; sprinkle evenly over top of fish.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish, spiced side down, to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Carefully turn fish over, and cook for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Combine lettuce, corn, and croutons in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Arrange 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 fillet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads