We really like this dressing and I've been using it on other salads too. I use 1 tablespoon anchovy paste instead of fillets & cut the lemon by half. Dressing is fairly thick. Salmon rub has great flavor. The dish comes together easily, tastes great, and feels healthy.
Southwest Salmon Caesar
Caesar salad is a popular starter or side. Adding grilled salmon elevates it to a main dish rich in beneficial omega-3 fatty acids.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 752mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1. To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a mini chopper or blender; pulse until well blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. To prepare salad, combine salt, paprikas, and red pepper; sprinkle evenly over top of fish.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish, spiced side down, to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Carefully turn fish over, and cook for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Combine lettuce, corn, and croutons in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Arrange 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 fillet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads