- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10-ounce) cans mild diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas
- Lime wedges
How to Make It
Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes.
Combine cumin, chipotle chile pepper, garlic salt, and paprika in a large zip-top plastic bag. Remove 2 teaspoons cumin mixture, and reserve. Add pork to zip-top bag. Seal and shake to coat. Set aside.
Stir together reserved 2 teaspoons cumin mixture, diced tomatoes with green chiles, black beans, and corn in a large bowl.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and red onion, and sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is browned. Stir in tomato mixture; bring mixture to a boil, and stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with flour tortillas and lime wedges.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Gourmet Collection Chipotle Chile Pepper.