This a a very tasty recipe. We enjoyed it for several nights & found it to be a pleasant change from the same old baked version. If you like sweet potatoes, this one is a hit.
Southwest Mashed Sweet Potatoes
More From Southern Living
- 5 to 6 medium-size sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: fresh jalapeño slices
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring potatoes and cold water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan, and boil 12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add sour cream and next 4 ingredients. Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Garnish, if desired. Serve warm.
- Note: To make ahead, place prepared Southwest Mashed Sweet Potatoes in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; cover and chill up to 2 days. When ready to serve, let stand at room temperature 45 minutes; top with 1 tablespoon cut up butter, and bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables