- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Crystal Farms® butter, salted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Crystal Farms Wisconsin 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Crystal Farms Shredded Gouda Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Crystal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 ears fresh corn, roasted
- 3 fresh jalapeños, diced
- Recommended Crystal Farms Product Substituitions: Crystal Farms Wisconsin Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
How to Make It
Cook elbow macaroni in boiling salted water with oil. Oil helps prevent the water from boiling over the top of the pan. After cooking macaroni, cool the pasta in cold water, drain and reserve until needed.
Roast corn on the cob under the broiler or on an open flame until all sides have a darker roasted appearance. Cut the kernels off of the cob and reserve until needed.
In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and cook for 3 minutes under medium-low heat.
Add milk while stirring and then continue to add cream, mustard, black pepper and salt.
Cook the mixture while stirring with a wooden spoon until it has reached a very slow simmer. Once it reaches a slow simmer, cook for 15 minutes while continually stirring.
Add the Wisconsin 1/3 less fat cream cheese, shredded Gouda and shredded Cheddar cheeses and continue to cook the mixture, on medium-low heat, until the cheese is melted.
Fold in the macaroni, corn and jalapeños and serve.