Serve this jelly atop goat cheese or cream cheese with crispy crackers for a last-minute appetizer.
Yield: Makes 7 (1/2-pint) jars
- 6 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 20 drops red liquid food coloring
- 2 (3-ounce) packages liquid fruit pectin
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pectin, and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Remove and discard cilantro leaves; skim off any foam.
- Pour hot mixture immediately into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 5 minutes.
- Note: Jellies usually require only 5 minutes of processing because of their higher acid content.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments