Southwest Fondue With Beef
This Southwest version of fondue combines ground beef, two types of cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro, and is ready in no time.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-oz.) package pepper-Jack pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 pound processed or deli white American cheese slices, torn
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: chopped tomato
- Assorted dippers: toasted bread cubes, corn chips, pretzels, thin breadsticks, pita chips
- 1. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Combine pepper-Jack cheese product, American cheese, and milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in ground beef, tomatoes, and cilantro. Garnish, if desired. Serve with desired dippers.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Velveeta Pepper Jack for pasteurized prepared cheese product.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note