Southwest Fondue With Beef
Yield: Makes about 7 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-oz.) package pepper-Jack pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 pound processed or deli white American cheese slices, torn
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: chopped tomato
- Assorted dippers: toasted bread cubes, corn chips, pretzels, thin breadsticks, pita chips
- 1. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Combine pepper-Jack cheese product, American cheese, and milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in ground beef, tomatoes, and cilantro. Garnish, if desired. Serve with desired dippers.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Velveeta Pepper Jack for pasteurized prepared cheese product.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers