Southwest Eggs Benedict
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Fry: 4 Minutes
- 8 (5-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 8 large eggs
- Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Fry tortillas, in batches, in hot oil in a medium skillet 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Top each tortilla evenly with shredded cheese. Keep warm.
- 2. Add water to a depth of 3 inches to a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain a light simmer. Add vinegar. Break 4 eggs, and slip into water, 1 at a time, as close as possible to surface. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 eggs.
- 3. Top each warm tortilla with a poached egg, Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce, and 2 Tbsp. salsa. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This