Made the cream sauce the night before and it was perfect! I used creole seasoning instead of red pepper. Just the right amount of spice. I wanted to just eat this with chips. So yummy!
Southwest Cream Sauce
This spicy, creamy sauce goes perfect with grilled shrimp. Make this easy sauce ahead and then use it to top your taco for a perfect hint of Southwest flavor.
This recipe goes with Citrus Shrimp Tacos
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Whisk together sour cream; garlic, red onion; chili powder; cumin; ground red pepper; and salt. Whisk in cilantro and lime juice until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note