- 1/2 (16-oz.) package rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10-oz.) block 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and next 3 ingredients; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and green chiles, and hot cooked pasta. Serve immediately.