Yield: Makes 25 appetizer servings
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed blue tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8-ounce) containers sour cream, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen guacamole (thawed)
- 1 medium-size tomato, seeded and diced
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- Combine crushed tortilla chips and 1/4 cup softened butter, and press into bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, shredded cheese, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until fluffy. Add 1 container sour cream, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in salsa and chiles. Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from oven; let stand 10 minutes on a wire rack. Gently run a knife around edge of pan to loosen sides. Remove sides of pan; let cheesecake cool completely.
- Stir together remaining 2 containers sour cream until smooth; spread evenly over top of cooled cheesecake. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day. Spread evenly with guacamole; sprinkle with diced tomatoes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers