Yum. Used fresh spinach and green beans and added carrots just because I had them.
Southern Tortellini Minestrone
Use your favorite frozen greens in this soup, or substitute a bag of thoroughly washed fresh spinach.
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (32-oz.) containers chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen green beans
- 1 (16-oz.) package chopped frozen collard greens
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1. Sauté onion in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, white wine, and tomatoes; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add green beans, collard greens, and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add pasta, and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note