This is one of my go to recipes! Always a hit at home and at pot lucks!
Southern Tomato Vegetable Pie
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 thick bacon slices
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked deep-dish piecrust shell, thawed
- 1. Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Place on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Combine crumbled bacon, spinach, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- 4. Spread 1/4 cup spinach mixture on bottom of piecrust.
- 5. Layer with half of tomato slices; top with half of remaining spinach mixture. Repeat layers once. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- 6. Bake pie, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note