- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 thick bacon slices
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked deep-dish piecrust shell, thawed
How to Make It
Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Place on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
Preheat oven to 375°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Combine crumbled bacon, spinach, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
Spread 1/4 cup spinach mixture on bottom of piecrust.
Layer with half of tomato slices; top with half of remaining spinach mixture. Repeat layers once. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Bake pie, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.