- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium-size green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12-ounce) jar currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
How to Make It
Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, garlic powder, and cinnamon in a large shallow container. Add pork; cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
Remove pork from marinade. Reserve any remaining marinade for other uses. Place pork on skewers. Alternate vegetables on skewers . Set vegetable kabobs aside.
Combine jelly and mustard in a small saucepan; bring to a boil , stirring until jelly dissolves. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Grill pork kabobs 20 minutes over medium coals, turning frequently. Place vegetable kabobs on grill . Grill vegetable and pork kabobs 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting often with jelly sauce.