NEVER but NEVER boil water with the tea bag in it. Thats what makes it bitter!! Bring your water (quart) to a good rolling boil, remove from heat drop in 6-8 tea bags, put a top on loosely, cocked to the side, let steep up to 5-10 minutes. Pour into a container (GAL PLASTIC) with one and half cup of sugar stir till dissolved then add cold water to the top. omg SO GOOD!
Southern Sweet Tea
If you like tea that's really sweet, add the full cup of sugar.
More From Southern Living
Steep: 10 Minutes
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 7 cups cold water
- 1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add tea bags. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove and discard tea bags. Add desired amount of sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- 3. Pour into a 1-gal. container, and add 7 cups cold water. Serve over ice.
- Peach Iced Tea: Stir together 1 1/2 qt. Southern Sweet Tea made with 1/2 cup sugar; add 1 (33.8-oz.) bottle peach nectar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Stir well. Serve over ice. Makes about 2 1/2 qt.
- Tea 'n' Lemonade: Stir together 2 qt. Southern Sweet Tea made with 1/2 cup sugar; add 1 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, and stir well. Serve over ice. Makes 2 1/4 qt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note