Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 (9- to 9-1/2 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
MIX together mashed sweet potatoes, cream, corn syrup and eggs using a wire whisk. Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
POUR filling into pie crust. Place pie on a baking sheet.
BAKE in preheated 375°F oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center of pie comes out clean.
COOL on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
Recipe Note: To make mashed sweet potatoes, peel and about 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes into 2-inch chunks. Place in a saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Drain off water and mash in a mixer or food processor to get a smooth consistency. Cool before using.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries