Southern Succotash With Rice
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (5.3-ounce) bag SUCCESS White Rice, uncooked
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1. Cook lima beans according to package directions, adding corn to beans during last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain bean mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until crispy; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Sauté onion in hot drippings over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in bean mixture, hot cooked rice, reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, whipping cream, and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This