Good flavor, no need for steak sauce.
Southern Style Steaks
Community Recipe from
- 1 stick(s) butter plus tblsp butter divided room temp
- 4 whole(s) large vidalia onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) gorgonzola crumbled
- 4 (8 ounce) beef fillets
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Spray grill with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes, or until onions are caramelized. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 stick of butter and Gorgonzola; cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Grill fillets, covered with grill lid, for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness. *Cook's Note: For a rare doneness, cook steaks on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to serving plates and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve fillets with caramelized onions and Gorgonzola butter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dakotababy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southern Style Steaks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes