This is an amazing potato salad. Way better than anything you could find in the store. The bacon really makes it. Everyone loved it!
Southern-Style Potato Salad
- 4 pounds potatoes (about 4 large)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Garnishes: chopped fresh parsley, grape tomatoes
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Stir together potatoes and eggs.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; gently stir into potato mixture. Cover and chill. Sprinkle with bacon just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
You can substitute light mayonnaise and sour cream with good results.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note