Easy Southern-Style Pork Barbecue
Don't spend all day pit-smoking pork. This Easy Southern-Style Pork Barbecue recipe puts your slow-cooker to the test.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 3 pound to 4 pound pork roast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon smoke-flavored cooking sauce
- pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 sandwich buns, split
- Optional: favorite barbecue sauce, coleslaw
- Place pork roast in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add water; sprinkle evenly with cooking sauce and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on high one hour and then on low 6 to 8 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker; shred meat and pull from the bone with a fork. Place meat on buns; top withbarbecue sauce and a scoop of coleslaw, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Southern-Style Pork Barbecue Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes