Thank you so much for this recipe! My grandmother made lima's just like this and no one has been able to come close to replicating the flavors! This recipe was spot on..she passed away almost a year ago and I was delighted to find this, try it, and realize it was just as good as hers!! Thanks, again!
Southern-Style Lima Beans
The beans keep refrigerated for 4 days Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross W-S Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cube(s) chicken bouilllon
- 1 pound(s) frozen baby lima beans
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1. Place the water, bouillon cube, and butter in 2-quart pot with a lid. Cover, place over high heat, and bring the liquid to a boil. Remove the lid, and add the frozen lima beans. Recover and bring back to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Uncover the pot, reduce the heat to medium-high, and maintain a moderate boil for 20 minutes, until the beans are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir frequently. If the liquid evaporates too quickly, add additional water, 1/2 cup at a time, until the full 20 minutes has elapsed. Do not let the water cook out, or the beans will burn. Maintain a level just below the surface of the beans. Season with the black pepper, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note