- 3 large limes, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- CRISCO Canola Oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly shredded purple cabbage
- Ranch Salad Dressing
- Bottled salsa
- Toppings: ripe avocado slices, diced and seeded ALABAMA Tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Squeeze juice of 1 lime over fish. Combine cornmeal and next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Pat fish dry with paper towels, and place in bag, shaking to coat.
Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large deep skillet; heat to 325°. Fry catfish, in batches, in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Place catfish in warmed tortillas; top evenly with cabbage, desired amount of salad dressing, salsa, and toppings. Cut remaining 2 limes into wedges, and serve with tacos.