Southern Style Cornbread
Please note this is southern-style cornbread, not corn cake. If you expect a sweet and moist cake-like bread you will be disappointed!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) yellow corn meal
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients: corn meal, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg with milk and oil. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well.
- Grease the inside of an oven-safe skillet or 8x8" pan with oil, and pour in corn bread mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450. (The top of the corn bread should be starting to brown.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Scholtes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note