Southern-Style Cobb Salad
Prep: 10 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 pound bacon slices
- 12 cups coarsely chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 1/2-oz.) can black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, and chilled
- 1 (11-oz.) can whole kernel corn, rinsed, drained, and chilled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pecan-Crusted Chicken, sliced
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1. Stir together brown sugar and seasoned salt. Press mixture evenly onto bacon.
- 2. Microwave bacon, in batches, in a microwave-safe dish at HIGH 2 minutes on each side or until crisp; crumble.
- 3. Arrange lettuce in individual serving dishes. Top with bacon, peas, and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle evenly with dressing just before serving.
- SOUTHWESTERN-STYLE COBB SALAD: Substitute black beans for black-eyed peas, Mexican-style corn for whole kernel corn, and Mexican four-cheese blend for Cheddar cheese. Arrange 2 avocados, chopped, over lettuce. Stir 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro into Ranch dressing, and drizzle over salad. Top with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads