Southern-Style Cobb Salad
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 pound bacon slices
- 12 cups coarsely chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 1/2-oz.) can black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, and chilled
- 1 (11-oz.) can whole kernel corn, rinsed, drained, and chilled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pecan-Crusted Chicken, sliced
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1. Stir together brown sugar and seasoned salt. Press mixture evenly onto bacon.
- 2. Microwave bacon, in batches, in a microwave-safe dish at HIGH 2 minutes on each side or until crisp; crumble.
- 3. Arrange lettuce in individual serving dishes. Top with bacon, peas, and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle evenly with dressing just before serving.
- SOUTHWESTERN-STYLE COBB SALAD: Substitute black beans for black-eyed peas, Mexican-style corn for whole kernel corn, and Mexican four-cheese blend for Cheddar cheese. Arrange 2 avocados, chopped, over lettuce. Stir 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro into Ranch dressing, and drizzle over salad. Top with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note