- 1/2 to 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 bunch fresh watercress, torn
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 12 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Blue Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing
- Freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: edible flowers
How to Make It
Cook peas in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
Cut iceberg lettuce into 6 wedges. Coarsely chop eggs. Remove and discard pulp from tomatoes, and cut into thin strips. Dice avocado.
Arrange watercress evenly on 6 salad plates. Top with peas, chopped eggs, tomato strips, avocado, and chicken; sprinkle with bacon. Place a lettuce wedge on each plate. Drizzle with Blue Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing; sprinkle with pepper. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired.