- 2 (6-oz.) packages cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Make It
Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, and let cool. Stir in egg and pecans.
Butterfly chicken breasts by making a lengthwise cut in 1 side, cutting to but not through the opposite side; unfold. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly down center of one side of each butterflied chicken breast; fold opposite side over stuffing, and place in a lightly greased baking dish. Stir together 3 Tbsp. olive oil and chopped rosemary; brush evenly over chicken. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Bake chicken, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until done.
Sauté mushrooms and onions in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender; stir in soup and chicken broth. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over chicken; garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix.