Have not made but would like to know if anyone has tried it with half the flour whole wheat??
Southern Soda Bread
This soda bread is a savory delicacy that you will love to have present at your dinner table on any night of the week. It takes very minimal hands-on time to prepare and with just a little over an hour of baking, it will practically be ready to serve.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Add buttermilk, eggs, and butter, whisking just until thoroughly blended. (Batter should be almost smooth.) Pour batter into 2 lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Rotate pans in oven, and shield with aluminum foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife along edges of bread to loosen from pans. Remove from pans to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note