Southern Shrimp Cocktails
Have the seafood market steam shrimp to save time, or follow our easy instructions below. Serve the shrimp, okra, and breadsticks on a platter around a bowl of the sauce, or make individual cocktails. Use 4-oz. votive candleholders, shot glasses, cordial glasses, or mini-martini glasses.
More From Southern Living
- 12 unpeeled, jumbo cooked shrimp
- Rémoulade Sauce
- 12 whole pickled okra
- 12 very thin crispy breadsticks, broken in half
- Garnish: grape tomato slices
- 1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- 2. Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. of Rémoulade Sauce evenly into each of 12 individual serving glasses. Place 1 shrimp, 1 whole pickled okra, and 2 breadstick halves in each glass. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: To cook shrimp at home, bring 3 qt. water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Cut 2 lemons in half, and squeeze juice into boiling water; add squeezed lemon halves to water. Add 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. salt, and 2 bay leaves. Return to a boil over medium-high heat. Add 1 to 2 lb. unpeeled, jumbo raw shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain. Plunge shrimp into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note