This was terrific. May not be an authentic Reuben, but delicious anyway. Very quick and easy.
Southern Reuben Melts
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 rye bread slices
- 1 (6-ounce) package Swiss cheese slices
- 12 ounces thinly sliced ham
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Stir together coleslaw mix and 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture evenly on 1 side of each bread slice; top 4 slices evenly with cheese, ham, and coleslaw mixture. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray. Coat bottom of another baking sheet with cooking spray, and place, coated-side down, on sandwiches.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is golden and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches