Southern Pork Barbecue
Good-tasting barbecue isn’t always smoked on a grill…the slow cooker does the job just fine!
“My whole family loves this recipe and my friends ask for it by name. It’s a great way to serve a few people or many.” —Vicki
- 3-lb. boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 18-oz. bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split
- Optional: deli coleslaw
- Place roast in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker; add one cup water. Cover and cook on high setting 7 hours or until tender.
- Shred meat; return to slow cooker. Stir in sauces, sugar, salt and pepper; cover and cook on low setting one more hour. Serve on buns and top with coleslaw, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note