I couldn't find whole wheat PANKO bread crumbs and used shaved parmesan so it was heavier than I think it would be otherwise. I will try again
SOUTHERN OVEN UNFRIED CHICKEN
Art Smith's UNFRIED CHICKEN. The executive chef of LYFE Kitchen restaurants puts a healthy spin on a classic dish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) ingredients below
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups whole wheat or regular panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Organic olive oil spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Add the chicken and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- 2. Combine bread crumbs, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika in a self-sealing, gallon-size plastic bag.
- 3. Remove chicken from the marinade and place it in the bag. Shake well, until chicken is evenly coated. Lay chicken on lightly oiled baking sheet and chill uncovered for 30 minutes. Lightly coat with spray oil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
SOUTHERN OVEN UNFRIED CHICKEN Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes