Southern Living's Blackberry (or Blueberry) Cobbler
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 8 cup(s) fresh or frozen blackberries or blueberries thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 1/4 cup(s) ice water
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; gently stir in blackberries.
- Spoon into an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with orange juice.
- Set aside.
- 2. Combine 1 cup flour and salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with a
- pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle ice water, 1
- tablespoon at a time, evenly over mixture; stir with a fork just until
- dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3. Press pastry gently into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap,
- and cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll pastry, still covered, into
- a 9-inch square; chill 10 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily
- 4. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap, and cut pastry into 9 (1-inch)
- strips. Arrange pastry strips over blackberry mixture in a crisscross
- 5. Coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Bake at
- 425 degrees for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southern Living's Blackberry (or Blueberry) Cobbler Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts