- 1 cup extra long grain enriched white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas with jalapeño peppers, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Garnishes: chopped fresh parsley, chopped tomatoes
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in peas and next 5 ingredients. Cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Fold mixture into hot cooked rice. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.