Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Rest: 3 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 2/3 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (you can use all dark or 3/4 cup each dark and golden)
- 2/3 cup chopped candied orange peel
- 2/3 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 2/3 cup candied cherries, halved
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup bourbon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. Coat 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray; line bottom and sides of pans with parchment paper. Coat parchment paper with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine pecans and next 5 ingredients (through cherries) in a large bowl. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 cup flour to pecan mixture, tossing to coat.
- 4. Combine 1 cup flour, cinnamon, and next 4 ingredients (through ginger) in a small bowl. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour-spice mixture; beat at medium speed until blended. Add 1/4 cup bourbon and extracts, beating at low speed until blended. Stir pecan mixture into batter.
- 5. Spoon batter into prepared pans, pressing firmly to pack. Press a piece of parchment paper onto surface of batter in each pan.
- 6. Add water to a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish to a depth of 1 inch; place on bottom rack in oven. Place loaf pans on middle rack in oven. Bake at 250° for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7. Remove top piece of parchment paper. Immediately pierce cakes several times with a long wooden pick, and brush 2 tablespoons bourbon over each cake. Cool completely in pans on a wire rack. Remove from pans.
- 8. Cut 2 (18-inch) pieces of cheesecloth. Soak cheesecloth in 1/2 cup bourbon. Wrap a bourbon-soaked piece of cheesecloth around each cake, and place each cake in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and store in a cool place at least 24 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note