- 2 (15-ounce) packages raisins, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) packages chopped candied citron
- 1 (8-ounce) package candied red cherries, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package chopped candied pineapple
- 1 (4-ounce) package chopped candied lemon peel
- 1 (4-ounce) package chopped candied orange peel
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
How to Make It
Combine first 9 ingredients; let stand overnight.
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add jelly, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour and spices; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in fruit mixture and flavorings.
Spoon batter into a brown paper-lined and greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 275° for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until cake tests done. Cool cake completely in pan.