This recipe was a hit! I made this for me and my honey on Valentine's Day. He and I loved it. The creamy chunky stuffing with the tender juiciness of fried chicken was delectable! The gravy was so good we wanted to save some to put on eggs the next morning!...Just a thought, lol!I served this dish with a side of broccoli. Outstsanding!!!
Southern-Fried Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper-and-Vidalia Onion Gravy
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dry chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 large boned chicken breast halves with skin
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Canola oil
- Roasted Red Pepper-and-Vidalia Onion Gravy
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place chicken, skin side down, between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread one-fourth of cream cheese mixture on skinless side of each chicken breast half; top with 1 piece of bacon. Roll up chicken, jellyroll fashion, lifting skin and tucking roll under skin.
- Whisk together egg and milk in a bowl. Combine baking mix, Creole seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture; dredge in baking mix mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches in a large skillet; heat to 350°. Fry chicken rolls, in batches, 10 to 12 minutes or until dark brown and done, turning chicken rolls often. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Spoon 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper-and-Vidalia Onion Gravy on each of 4 individual serving plates; top with 1 chicken roll. Drizzle with remaining gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This