Southern-Fried Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper-and-Vidalia Onion Gravy
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup dry chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Romano CHEESE
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 large boned chicken breast halves
- 4 OSCAR MEYER Ready-To-Serve Bacon slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup BISQUICK Original All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Canola oil
- Roasted Red Pepper-and-Vidalia Onion Gravy
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place chicken, skin side down, between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread one-fourth of cream cheese mixture on skinned side of each chicken breast half; top with 1 piece of bacon. Roll up chicken, jellyroll fashion, lifting skin and tucking roll under skin.
- Whisk together egg and milk in a bowl. Combine baking mix, Creole seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture; dredge in baking mix mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches in a large skillet; heat to 350º. Fry chicken rolls, in batches, 10 to 12 minutes or until dark brown and done, turning chicken rolls often. Drain on wire rack over paper towels.
- Spoon 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper-and-Vidalia Onion Gravy on each of 4 individual serving plates; top with 1 chicken roll. Drizzle with additional gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This