Southern Fried Okra
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Fresh okra
- 2 Large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) White Cornmeal
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- peanut oil
- 1. Wash and slice okra; pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Combine eggs and buttermilk; add okra, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 4. Drain okra, small portions at a time, using a slotted spoon.
- 5. Dredge okra, small portions at a time, in flour mixture.
- 6. Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3-inches in a Dutch oven of deep-fat fryer and heat to 375°F (190°C). Fry okra until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by damoss and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southern Fried Okra Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables