Southern Fried Flounder with Basil-Caper Tartar Sauce
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Peanut oil
- Basil-Caper Tartar Sauce
- Rinse fillets under running water; pat dry, and sprinkle evenly with lemon juice.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a deep skillet; heat to 375º. Dredge fish in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Fry, in batches, in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Basil-Caper Tartar Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes