Southern Fried Cranberry Pies
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 3 1/2-Inch Pastries
- Vegetable oil
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Combine cranberries, sugar, water, and tapioca in a medium saucepan; let stand 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in butter. Set aside to cool.
- Divide pastry into thirds; roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on waxed paper. Cut into 3 1/2-inch circles.
- Place 1 teaspoon cranberry mixture in center of each pastry circle. Moisten edges of pastry; fold in half, making sure edges are even. Press pastry edges firmly together using a fork dipped in flour.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375° in a large skillet. Cook pies 4 to 5 at a time until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain well on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries